View Single Post
Old 16-07-2012, 20:20   #33
Retlaw
I am Banned

Re: coach house, ascot way (broad oak fold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin View Post
I have followed this thread with great interest to see if anyone could shed some light on when the houses to the right of the Barn (it has always been known as that, The "Coach House " was a little nicety that Tom Mullhall had carved when he moved in there in the late 70s or early 80s)
All the houses to the right of the barn were demolished and then rebuilt at different times with the end one (Atarah's Picture) being built in 1934 and was the home of Mr Hinchcliffe, retired Headmaster of Peel Park School.
Odin
If you read post numb 5 you will see who lived in that house in the 1930's, and as I've said before, there are number of places in Accrington falsely labeled with date stones and other rubbish, The word Coach House can put another 20 grand on a property, which the gullible will fall for, it was never a coach house, who would the coach be for.
The chauffer for the owner of Bank House, Mr Crowe lived in that house, long before Hinchcliffe even went anywhere near Peel Park School, the garage was in the grounds of Bank House.
Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote