View Single Post
Old 23-07-2012, 17:44   #48
DaveinGermany
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Gun Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
Of course the Colorado shootings will happen again, but that shouldn't stop us from looking for ways to make it as hard as possible for these idiots to build up an arsenal of arms.
What has it got to do with us ? It's an American problem & it's down to their constitution the 2nd amendment, "the right to keep & bear arms" it's been around since Dec 15 1791.

Now unless the Americans change their constitution & then face down the NRA, which I very much doubt because of the weight & influence that they can bring to bear. No politico if he/she intends to stay in the game for any length of time would even contemplate these changes & challenges.

The UK has got some of the toughest gun laws & punishments possible & it still can't control the criminal gun users. So instead, Plod & the powers that be have relentlessly pursued the legal possessors, then having been raked over the coals & stultified by over regulation most tend to lose interest & give up.