View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 17:52   #450
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

A question to those who use recreational drugs.

Does their legal status prevent you from taking your chosen drugs?

Have you ever faced criminal charges for using them?

I'd suggest not. Certainly not in the last twenty odd years.

I don't know anyone who has.

If recreational drugs were all legalised, it's my opinion that some would take that as a green light that it's risk free to use them.

Young people especially aren't known for worrying about life in the long-term. Today, and tomorrow is enough for them to get their head round. Plus, when you're that age, everyone thinks they're invincible anyway. Most teenagers disregard any possible risks with the eternal youthful claim that 'It'll never happen to me'.

Today, as the law in this country more or less turns a blind eye to possession for personal use, how will legalising whatever you take be benefical to you?

I'm already assuming you have the sense to be using a dealer, who's drugs, as far as quality control, you already trust.

I'm genuinely interested to know how decriminalising these drugs will make your enjoyment of them any better, than it already is?

I certainly don't know any users who don't already take exactly what they want, when they want, even though they're classed as illegal now...in theory at least.

What benefits would there be to you, if the current status quo was interfered with?