View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 17:19   #554
Gordon Booth
Senior Member+

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
and should we really care, how many do? i think drugs are not allowed, to control the masses, you dont want an entire economy brought to its knees, cos everyone is out of their face, did we not face the same issues with the gin joints of victorian london?

i am sure throughout history, you will find cases of "the lower classes", using something as escapism from their pitifull lives.
Come the Revolution, Brother!
So you think drugs are not allowed to control the masses? Should we really care how many use them?
By inference you appear to suggest we should allow them and if the economy is brought to it's knees so be it! Or perhaps your post is badly put together and I misunderstood?
Perhaps they're not allowed because they're bad for you? That would not seem unreasonable.
As for 'the lower classes' seeking escapism from their pitiful lives, what year do you think it is, 1812 not 2012? Most of the people on Accyweb appear to be ordinary working class people, members of the 'lower classes'(couldn't you have put that better?). I doubt if many of them feel they have lived pitiful lives or know anyone else who has.