View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 13:56   #706
mobertol
God Member

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseboy View Post
200 people died yesterday in Pakistan, working in a sweat shop producing clothes that were almost certainly bound for the West. There were no fire exits and the windows, apparently, were barred. I don't suppose anyone will be wanting to ban cheap clothes though.
Actually you'd be surprised -there have been a great number of campaigns trying to stop child labour, especially -spear-headed by companies like Benetton in Italy and Nike among others...

Personally I don't buy "cheap" clothing -I was brought up to save and buy the best quality I could afford (my mother's philosophy handed down to her by hers) -I also try to buy home-grown or at least EU products.

In any case it does not justify the treatment many suffer at the hands of those involved in the drugs trade -from producer to consumer...you just have to look at certain areas of Mexico/Colombia for example to get an idea.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Accrington Web