View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 14:13   #712
mobertol
God Member

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseboy View Post
Point taken. However even if most people don't buy cheap clothes a lot rely on them to be able to clothe themselves and their children. It may only be a minority who buy them but it is only a minority of people who use drugs also.
It would be interesting to see (although I doubt we could ever get the figures given the nature of the beast) which industry "employed" more, drugs or sweatshops.
I think the problem is that a lot of people do buy cheap clothes and cheap everything in the consumer-mad world, somehow thinking they have more -but you get what you pay for and tat is tat. 5 cheap and nasty synthetic shirts for the price of one decently made cotton one which will last years if washed properly -I know which I'd choose.

Drugs are also tat -buy yourself a decent bottle of wine and taste it -you don't need to get drunk to appreciate alcohol. A nice bar of proper chocolate is a joy for the senses, as is a bowl of fresh home-made soup...it's down to choice of lifestyle, but here I mean real choice.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence