View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 14:22   #718
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
I think the problem is that a lot of people do buy cheap clothes and cheap everything in the consumer-mad world, somehow thinking they have more -but you get what you pay for and tat is tat. 5 cheap and nasty synthetic shirts for the price of one decently made cotton one which will last years if washed properly -I know which I'd choose.

Drugs are also tat -buy yourself a decent bottle of wine and taste it -you don't need to get drunk to appreciate alcohol. A nice bar of proper chocolate is a joy for the senses, as is a bowl of fresh home-made soup...it's down to choice of lifestyle, but here I mean real choice.
I think that some people do not have the luxury of the choice of expensive clothes....and have to buy whatever their budget will allow.

School clothes - uniform for instance, can be very expensive and even when you pay the top price the quality still isn't so crash hot.
Also children grow so quickly. My daughter bought her little girl some school skirts just as the school holidays began,thinking she would save time and effort during what was to be a busy time for her........only to find the skirts are too short, because her daughter has had a growth spurt - must be the sun and sea air.

I don't know about Italy, but it is difficult to buy clothes that are made in the EU...everything seems to come from China.
I bought myself a pair of M&S sandals - not cheap - found they had been made in Vietnam.