View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 22:36   #775
mobertol
God Member

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Don't you think you could be being Naive? A lot of these kids on the housing estates are trying to escape the rough deal their parents have landed them in!

I don't take drugs - only the ones I get on prescription! Nor do I smoke.

I bet you drink wine don't you - that is a drug and I bet you use it to lift your spirits at the end of a hard day?
I am very naive -always have been and always will be, I don't deny it -I am not and never will be "street-wise". Read yesterday about something called "bubble" here -thought it was that pink stuff we used to blow into and then pop.

I was brought up to do my best and that is what I've always done. There are opportunities for young people if they work hard and try to better themselves -we all have our talents and strong points -just have to find what they are and make the most.

My mother told me recently that one of her most successful students was one of the worst she'd ever had at school academically. He has worked hard and set up a transport business which has had great success -he now has a Villa in the place where she lives in Tenerife which is worth 10 times what she and my dad could afford after a lifetime of hard work. He said to her -"I weren't much good at school but I know how to work hard and I married someone who could do the accounting..."

As to my drinking wine -why yes, but I don't get plastered even though we bottle our own and it costs 2 euros a litre -it's good stuff too!

Have just finished a cup of tea -if you really want to know...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence