View Single Post
Old 15-09-2012, 14:01   #38
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Daytime Charity Ad's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Was in Savile Row earlier today and whilst being dressed to the left, had occasion to mention this discourse.
Every word you wrote, I deeply enjoyed, how someone of your status could waste your time considering the plight of one so lowly as myself.
However you have proved to me that I am so lucky to live in such a caring society.
In fact, I am happy to inform you that thank's to the members of Hyndburnvigilante.com I no longer need to fear the lack of, or indeed the need for a winter coat.

Allow me to explain if you will,

It is Saturday, so I placed myself on my usual spot outside the Railway two hours before they open with my begging bowl and polite sign explaining my difficulties, (usually it is worth the time I often get enough coinage together to enable me to purchase a soda water by the time the place opens).
Today was different, I was approached by a group of people that were determined I should move on, not because they dislike beggars they were just supporting the one's that had had the correct training from Monday groove, it seems they hang around the Market Hall offering insults to those that donate.

To ensure that I would perhaps think twice about re-entering the Borough they tarred and feathered me.

Well all I can say is, yippee it took a while to get used to the fumes, but, as I walked home in the rain, I found that not only was I insulated from the weather, I also found that my skins reaction to this treatment had a very warming effect.
No longer do I need to fear the harsh weather that winter can provide, though I have noticed that every pub I have visited since, insist that they now put a couple of sheets of newspaper down before allowing me to be seated.
Could I perhaps sue for prejudice? It would after all be helping one of the only profitable industries we have left.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote