View Single Post
Old 30-09-2012, 21:24   #50
Sunflower49

Re: Animal pictures?

3 years is good!
1000 days so I hear is what they are meant to live up until.
Well he was an unwanted runt of the litter when I got him, had had wet tail thus my having to nurse him, and due to him being a rescue I don't know how old he was-but he wasn't a baby then. I've had him at least two years, and due to ill-health I didn't expect him to last this long.
A few weeks ago I moved him from his large cage, into a normal hamster cage-because he wasn't as agile as he used to be so I was scared of him falling and hurting himself, plus he was sleeping most of the time anyway, I knew he was deteriorating.
That picture was a couple of months ago, though in hamster 'years' I am supposing it may have been compatible to ten years ago!
He was sleeping all day the other day and I checked on him and his breathing had slowed down but he was peaceful.
I put the room warmer and moved food and water closer to him, he woke briefly and I stroked him and he was okay. When I returned from work this morning he was in the same position, but had gone. It's sad but I've rescued so many animals that I'm a bit 'harder' about death-I'm not devastated or anything, he had a long life and I think about how many people treat little animals and feel I did the best I could do