View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 06:47   #8
Restless
Senior Member+

Re: How close did we come to killing ourselves as kids????

I never did anything really dangerous when I was a kid. I was more scared of my mum finding out than actually hurting myself. Thanks to my mothers constant words; I am literally useless at climbing.

Mum took me to the library and drummed into me the dangers of climbing buildings. She showed me an article about her brother. Climbing on a roof, he fell through and died.

My sisters and my friends never cared for such warnings. Some of the things I remember them doing.

They used to walk through the tunnel under the asda. They coaxed me to go with them but I wouldn't. I used to make my way to the point in Pic1 and wait for them to emerge.

Pic2 They used to Climb the inside of the viaduct and sit on these stones. Sometimes they would walk across the viaduct, never knowing if a train was going to come or not! I was always told I was not allowed to go anywhere near train tracks so I didn't. I didn't play with firefoworks. ETC.

As for playing with flammable liquids. A friend of mine told his mum and everybody else that he was attacked by someone and they sprayed his face with something. Years later he told me that him and a friend was playing with something flammable and it blew up in his face. He was burnt pretty bad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7574671750_918fefd53a_b.jpg (137.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 7574220552_89296c5018_b.jpg (110.6 KB, 27 views)