View Single Post
Old 23-10-2012, 15:42   #78
Chris SUI JURIS
I am Banned

Re: parking Ticket issued outside the market hall, with a disabled badge?

Tuesday, 23 October 2012Eastgate Retail Park - parking update
After a very long a protracted dispute between the owners of Eastgate retail park and the parking company they employed, the contract between them has now been terminated.
The Deputy leader of the Hyndburn Council, Cllr Clare Pritchard said;
“The Council has had many complaints about the way the parking restrictions were imposed on Eastgate.

I must stress that this car park is not owned by the Council, however we’ve worked hard along with local MP Graham Jones, on behalf of the people affected to try and get a satisfactory resolution to the problem. It is very disappointing that to date no clear instruction has been given regarding tickets issued between 2/6/12-8/7/12 in regard to outstanding fines and refund to those who have paid.

A promise was made months ago to waive outstanding fines. I have written to letting agents to express my concern that the most honest were being treated most unfairly; that those who had already and unfortunately paid won't be receiving a refund. What message does this send out about the companies involved and about society in general?

Both Excel car parking and the owners (via their letting agents) have created and overseen chaos where money, profit and greed and have come first, ripped off customers come last. This issue that has dragged on for months with no responsible outcome from either company. After a very long a protracted dispute between the owners of Eastgate retail park and the parking company they employed Excel, the contract between them has now been terminated.

There seems to be a case where the civil fines were wholly disproportionate and may not be supported in a court of law.
Cllr Pritchard continued; “This is a highly regrettable situation where the letting agent and the car parking company seem to have kicked this issue into the long grass. The good news is that parking on Eastgate is now back to 3 hours, in line with the free parking policy throughout the rest of the town and we will continue to pursue this issue on behalf of residents.”
In short I would encourage people not to use this car park as the owners are clearly unreliable; they have shown they will randomly and unfairly change free car parking times and terms with minimum notice and hand out costly fines like confetti.

It's a shame that major companies like Morrisons have remained silent on this issue and shows that interests do not lie with their customers.
Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote