Thread: Paul Cook
View Single Post
Old 24-10-2012, 23:10   #125
Metallilad
Junior Member+

Re: Paul Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
Well that's that then. The galling thing to me ........is that we paid Sligo compensation to secure his services!!!

If you apply for a job in other walks of life, any prospective employer will look at a candidate and often, if the employer thinks the candidate will walk out of the job he's interviewed for, for something better at the first available chance, the candidate won't be offered the job in the first place!!!

Admittedly the club probably wasn't to know Cook was going to do this, no doubt we'll get the same old line of "we didn't want to stand in his way " but Cook has shown total disregard and disrespect to A.S.F.C. and more importantly the fans of this club.

A few weeks ago, I was singing Cook's praises, saying how refreshing his approach to management was. Now, like many others, I've got the sick taste of betrayal upon my lips.

I don't think Cook will be getting anywhere near the same welcome Coley got the other week when he shows up at the Crown in the new year with his new employers.
I came over with my son the last time we played at your place and I have to be honest I loved your ground.
The whole mentality of football now is "get as much money in as possible, sod the fans". I used to love our old Saltergate ground simply because when we were there the club knew that they needed us, would treat us with a bit of respect.
Then we moved to the B2net/Proact stadium and us supporters were just people who were invited to the party, then after a while it felt like we were gatecrashers at the party.
Its not as much fun now as it was when we were at Saltergate.
What I'm saying is this.
When we went to yours it was a really good atmosphere inside that ground, you had your chants, you went two nil up and made a real fist of the match which added to the atmosphere. My lad proper enjoyed it.
Don't lose that atmosphere just because you had a manager that (to be fair) has messed you about. OK, give him some stick but don't forget that there's gonna be blokes with there sons in the away end so please don't make the atmosphere a hostile one because you have a fantastic little ground there, proper friendly.
Metallilad is offline   Reply With Quote