View Single Post
Old 25-10-2012, 08:05   #10
churchfcrules
Senior Member+

Re: Here we go again

we require so called "high ranking professionals" to run the country, if we want it run as a business, but what about if we want it run as a country, a place where we all want to live work and play?

would mps not serve their constituents better if they didnt get paid, and only received "out of pocket expenses", if you care about something and you believe in it strongly enough, would you not do it for free, as some of you know i ran a football club for 8 years, for free, for the love of it, for the joy it gave me and others. do others not do charitable work for free because they believe in the cause, are these not the kind of people that we want representing us, rather than career politicians?

i cant remember the last time i saw a politician who had "passion", they are all scared of upsetting someone and losing their "job", so take the job away in the first place, in this day and age we could have "video parliament" no need to have everyone in one place, it could be done in the evenings, allowing people to work, i realise cabinet members do have a little more work to do, but not many of them compared to how many mps we have.

join me on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/61983378@N07/
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote