View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 17:52   #1
Sunflower49

Shall I take this further or cut losses?

This Wednesday just gone, I was a bit of a dullard and gave Kya (my dog) the opportunity to lock my car keys, in my car boot. I'd been to the shops, left her in the car, when I returned I opened the boot, put my handbag in it, reached down to pick up my shopping and SLAM she had put her paws up onto the parcel shelf (excited to see me, I had been gone a good twenty minutes) and shut the boot.

I had already paid for the car park so I went downstairs and told the car park attendants what had happened hence I couldn't leave the car park-the automated system only gives you 15 minutes once you've paid, to leave the car park before you get charged again.

All three guys came up to see if they could help, I had left the back window open for Kya anyway so they thought they may be able to open the handle from the inside for me but they couldn't. They tried a couple of different ways then I said it was okay, I had key cover and would ring the insurance company. The attendants let me sit in their office whilst I made 'phone calls.
The whole thing took a long time,I had to call people to get the telephone number for the insurance etc before I could call them, then I was on hold, then I had to ring a different number..

Anyway in time, one of the attendants came down to the office and told me he'd managed to get into my car, through the driver door-so if I could get into the boot from the inside of the car, I was sorted. I was SO pleased, I felt so stupid for managing to get locked out of my car and was so glad I didn't have to go through the rigmarole or expense of insurance.
I thanked him (a lot!) gave him £10 (was all I had in my purse) and drove away.

Didn't use my car again until the following evening, aaaaaaand my SatNav's missing.

He must have taken it. I always keep it in the car, in the same hiding place. I've turned the car upside down, Neill (partner) has taken the car apart trying to ensure it's not fallen down or got stuck somewhere or anything.It's not there, was definitely there before Wednesday, and nobody else has been in my car.

Question-what should I do? Go back to the carpark and tell the manager? Tell the police? Or nothing-it's not the end of the world, it wasn't a state of the art SatNav, I've had it a while. If he's stolen it wanting to sell it or something I reckon he'll get £50 maximum. Which actually annoys me even more lol

Logically, I didn't give him permission to break into my car the way he did, either but I was glad he managed it. He hasn't damaged my car at all.

Feel free to extract the urine, have a snicker at my misfortune/blonde moment.