View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 22:04   #18
Accrington Lad

Red face Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Im not going up any ladders. There is a trap door in the attic that leads to the roof. But we did not go in the attic as there were not many floorboards and it was getting dark. There were some dry floorboards in the room below the ballroom which we will lay across the attic beams tomorrow. I have bought some roof filler from screw fix. There are lots of slates aswell in the attic to try and fix the roof. Also fibreglass which can be used as a temporary fix. I wont fall of because I will be wearing my hi viz* Mog, there is a way in round the side which was already accessible when I first discovered the building, i have not broken an entry. CCTV cameras went up today. There is one just through the gate looking out and one down the side steps out front. Trespass on derelict buildings is not an arrestable offence in England unless you break an entry or steal, vandalise or have the intention to upon entering. I can only be asked to leave or if the owner chooses, I can be taken to small claims court where it will be unlikely that I will be charged unless I have been vandalising or stealing from the building and it can be prooved. I DO NOT INTEND TO CAUSE ANYBODY TROUBLE. I appreciate your concerns. *Joke, but I am extremely careful and wear a bungee and hard hat. I need to get some good photos so I can upload them, Thanks.

Last edited by Accrington Lad; 09-01-2013 at 22:10.
Accrington Lad is offline   Reply With Quote