View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 11:00   #61
kestrelx
Senior Member+

Re: You Tube Downloads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Of course it will be Google's restrictions. Real still advertise their product as a YouTube downloader(again stupid on their part)

I dunno the reasons for instant bannings. Must have something to do with past contact from obstinate record companies
I think they must have an automated system that detects certain material that has some kind of strict copyright regulation. Or possibly it's done manually by people they employ to check. Like BBC material that is being sold on DVD - I used some Brian Cox footage from that program he did about the Solar System and it was instantly blocked, it was on sale on DVD. I used a bit of Dr Who episode and it took about 2 years before I recieved a notice saying it was blocked all over the world. In some cases they acknowledge you are violating copyright and it is only blocked in certain countries or they slap an ad on the vid as compensation and then keep it 100% accessible.

I was even given a warning for using my own punk track as it is owned by a record company who have it available on i tunes.

Last edited by kestrelx; 11-01-2013 at 11:10.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web