View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 07:40   #104
Guinness

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Re: Oh Hum its a funny old world

What qualifies someone to be an MP?..

It doesn't matter if you have your pulse on the feelings of the public, you are an altruist, or if you are the cleverest man alive who has the solution to all the worlds ills, you will not be elected unless you are a card carrying member of one of the main political parties. Once they have you..you vote the party way (check out how many times our own MP has rebelled) or you can forget having a career in politics.

As for intelligence levels....you only have to view Parliament TV and watch the donkeys and geese bray and cackle until some guy in a gown (who's airhead wife is more famous than him for a nude photo, reality TV, and a column in a redtop rag), shouts 'order' (and they want £96k for this remember).

Mother of parliaments my backside, our system is that old and decrepit it's in late stage dementia...they are a damn disgrace in this day and age, they cannot debate without resorting to shouting down anyone with a differing opinion, in fact they don't really debate anymore, they make statements and votes are cast, by those that can be bothered turning up, according to what they have been told by the party. (£96k for following orders).

Couple of years ago Margaret Beckett was battered on question time for looking down her nose at the voting public over the expenses debacle, saying 'no I won't pay it back, the public just don't understand' as she claimed £600 on hanging baskets and £900 for painting her summer house, shed and pergola. She later said it had been a mistake to submit large gardening bills. This year she got a DBE. I wonder who recommended that then, because it sure as heck wasn't John Q Public!

Unlike most of us working grunts, who have to tighten our belts, accept little or no pay rise while the country gets back on its feet...these leeches want more from the pot, and not just a little more....they want a 32% pay rise...

Pigs feeding at the trough...and to plagiarise George Orwell those pigs are now saying 'ordinary public good, MP's better'