View Single Post
Old 17-01-2013, 21:36   #117
Guinness

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Re: Oh Hum its a funny old world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Sounds a lot like on here - he or she who shouts the loudest thinks they are listened to while the more intelligent/nicer members find another thread.

I don't agree with the gap thing. I don't care if someone has 10 or 100 times more money than I do as long as I can provide for my family.

The gap thing has more to do with jealousy than need.
At the risk of being accused of shouting while the nice intelligencia wander off to the floral section of this site..

Thats a simplistic statement to make, let me counter with a simplistic question..

Providing for your family...would you care if you did that from a council house in Moss Side feeding them with Tescoburgers or from a detached in Cheshire eating filet mignon? (yeah I know, unfair of me because your statement does not take account of quality of life, after all it's just a typical Daily Mail type argument)

Earlier this week some overpaid IT guy was discovered to be farming his job out to a company in China..he was paid that much that he could actually employ a company to do his work for him and still make enough to live the high life...He was becoming richer for being non-productive and exploiting the poor. He didn't need the money, he wasn't scraping a few quid together to pay his electric bill, he was just widening the gap.

It's not about jealousy, it's about obscenity...a golfer..a bloke who hits a ball with a stick gets £500+ every single hour for wearing a hat and trainers with ticks on them, while a struggling young mum goes home with roughly the same amount every month for a 40 hour week dealing with all the problems raised by looking after 10-12 people in late stage dementia.

Is that a fair distribution of wealth?