View Single Post
Old 19-01-2013, 15:08   #144
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Oh Hum its a funny old world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Nope, I used the golfer vs care worker to illustrate a point about a gap in earnings, which is where the debate was at that time. I didn't decry all sportsmen in any of my posts.

You already know the answer to the question you pose...NO! I wouldn't turn down an obscene amount of money, I'd be an idiot or a liar if I said I would.
Then your an hypocrite
Does that mean I'd agree with it, of course not, because if I truly believed that I got £500 an hour for wearing a hat whilst a woman caring for 12 people earned the same in a month was just, then I'd also be an idiot.
Even more of a hypocrite
Thing is the money to pay the golfer is available because the company that pays him, mass produces the hats in sweat shops which pay the workers a pittance for their efforts..widening the gap.

Although I wasn't the guy who originally put those questions to Graham Jones, and I have very little truck with him as a politician, I agree with him that the pay gap between rich and poor needs addressing.
Well Jones has done little to address the situation has he
And the ethos of political persuasion you so eagerly support had quite a long time to make a start, did they, did they hell, they just stuck their noses as far into the through as they could. Even Jones will have increased his income three or four times all told since entering Parliament, not only that he retained his county council seat saying he would not claim any payments he was entitled too, until he thought nobody was looking them started to claim. left wing politicians have always been good with the mouth, but do very little when they have the power to do so. Just one question these
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote