View Single Post
Old 23-02-2013, 22:29   #208
Eric
God Member

Re: Liverpool.. the road to the Title 2012-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
That's right Barrie onwards and upwards for us reds
I watched the game today ... with your support United beat QPR ... but you probably already know that.

Maybe one of the reasons that United are popular over here is that there is limited coverage of football ... so limited, in fact, that we call it soccer. There are large contingents of Italians and Portuguese here; so, those leagues get coverage. But the rest: It's all Premier League and the UEFA competions. United gets a lot of air time. I would love to see some of the games from the lower divisions; but I ain't holding my breath.

I popped into the local soccer store a while back. They stock shirts etc. from most of the "major" clubs. Just for a goof, I asked if they had Accrington Stanley shirts. The pizza-faced moron working in the store asked where they were from. Resisting the temptation to say "Accrington", I said, "Lancashire". He apologised, saying that they only stocked shirts from European clubs and from MLS. On that note, I left the store. Well, at least some of you got your wish. Lancashire is now officially not part of Europe.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote