View Single Post
Old 25-02-2013, 00:25   #435
BERNADETTE
God Member

Re: Update on Accrington Conservative Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 View Post
I havnt paid to fit any cameras, where do you get that from?
And the owner is actually a great guy and does care that people are going in, obviously he wants to make money out of the building but he doesnt want people going in there and hurting themselves. He is a very friendly man so keep your trap shut and don't get involved with things you know nothing about!

The only reason I made those other statements about bankruptcy was because the council fed those lies to me and tried to make the owner seem like a bad person when in actual face he is an extremely polite and kind person. He clearly does care about the building otherwise why would he take his own time on a Sunday to go all the way to Accrington to board up a derelict building because scuzzers and kids keep breaking in. Because he cares! He doesn't want to make the town of Accrington look more disgusting than it already is. And you really don't understand how much time, effort and planning it takes to do a project like this! I am not revealing anything about the project though.
The pictures on the websites you have listed were taken literally on the day I met the owner (about half an hour before as the building was unlocked and I have always adored it so wanted to see what it was like!!)
Now please ask no more questions about the Conservative Club as I will not reveal any more.

I would prefer to talk about the Church across the road which is currently being refurbished by Y&Y developments!

Have a pleasant day.
Well the owner (if it is still owned by the same person and somehow I can't see it having been sold on) hasn't made any effort in the last eight years or so try and make it any less of a blot on the landscape of the wonderful sight that is Hyndburn. It is a disgrace that listed buildings ie the con club and cannon street church are allowed to fall into such a state of disrepair but just shows me that neither the owners nor the council actually give a monkies about coserving the heritage of the borough. You have a lot to learn but seems the owner of the con club is now trying to deflect your interest to the baptist church, to stop you asking questions about his derelict property