View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 05:50   #1
GEaston

New to forum, been investing in the town.

Hi folks. I found this forum when researching various buildings in the town.

I'm a small scale investor in the town, and would like to the town to do well. I'm originally from Newcastle, so fully understand the North South divide.

I'm 42 years old, have founded 3 businesses and have done well. The companies I founded provided over 100 years employment for local folk which I'm proud of. I bought my first Accrington building a couple of years ago at auction. It was a beautiful stone terrace on St James St. Had been neglected for years, empty for 5 years, and as with many of these fine buildings was well on the road to dereliction. Renovated it completely and it is a fine building once again (tenanted - nice area).

Recently bought 2 properties on Warner Street, similar state, lot of work to fix. Looking forward to getting on with that job.

Where possible I only use Accrington labour to fix these properties. Seems there's few jobs to be had, so it's nice to be able to provide some employment.

I didn't buy them to flip them - if I sell any of these places it'll be to finance a larger renovation in the town.

Look forward to discussing how to improve the town with anyone, including councilors on the forum. I cannot stand to watch fine buildings fall into neglect. I can't say why, but it bugs the hell out of me.

Graham.
GEaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web