View Single Post
Old 14-03-2013, 08:15   #23
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: New to forum, been investing in the town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEaston View Post
Well I can only speak for myself when answering a question about why people are interested in renovating old buildings in the town.

For me I don't care a hoot about Accrington. My home town is further north, north of Newcastle. I do though care about the state that the UK has got itself in and I'd like to do something about that.

I am in a position to invest in the UK, and create jobs and employment to the UK. I've started 3 businesses in the last 6 years, one of which was in the UK and one of the most satisfying parts of taking an idea from in your head to global company is the employment and opportunity you can bring to people. I'm proud of having created over 100 man years of employment to Berwick (which last I looked is one of the few places even poorer than Accrington).

As to Accrington, as I said, I don't care if I do my part in this town or any number of other similarly deprived towns in the UK. You can't start a tech company in Accrington because it'll never scale, but the town does have a ton of cheap but quality buildings that need to be restored and simply doing that creates opportunities for skilled/semi skilled labour in the town. Both are good, both worthwhile I think.
Well I like the post, if you are a real person that is and not just another wind up merchant
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote