View Single Post
Old 14-03-2013, 23:14   #34
susie123
Resting In Peace

Re: New to forum, been investing in the town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEaston View Post
I bought a property via a commercial auction on Welcome - Pugh - Property Vendors and Auctioneers. It was on St James Street. Beautiful Georgian style stone property acquired for just 50k. Cosmetically had not had a penny spent on it for 30 years, but if you looked past that it was a fine property not dissimilar to those of Downing Street. I couldn't believe you could buy a place like that for 50k so I bought it without seeing it (20,000 mile round trip from Singapore doesn't make sense). Spent a further 12k renovating it, so I'm all in for 62. Nice property, now tenanted, because post renovation a business wanted to move into it. Prior to me buying it, it had been empty and uninhabited for 4 years.
£12k renovation on a building that hadn't been touched for 30 years. Wouldn't like to think of what kind of job you got for that sort of money. Were you paying your workers peanuts? Did you do CH and electrics, plumbing? Or just a quick coat of paint. I'm not being sarcastic, genuinely want to know, I might pick up some tips.