View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 13:18   #112
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Margaret Thatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEaston View Post
Cost of the funeral is 8m. Value of the publicity as it's broadcast around the world...? Priceless.

The direct increase in tourist visitors to the country as a direct result in the months that follow will massively exceed the cost.

To argue that this 8m could be better spent is as stupid an argument as saying we shouldn't be buying the Duchess of Cambridge a new dress every day. The Royal family cost a lot of money, but they bring 100x payback in tourist receipts.

Same here: loads of pomp and ceremony, hours of live TV beamed around the world and on every news channel for days is great for UK plc.

Plus its a fitting recognition of the great lady's achievements.
My goodness me, you have come out with a couple of spectacular posts just now!
You don't seem to understand do you?
The amount of grief she caused to ordinary working folk?
I didn't go on strike during the 70's and 80's I was busy working, but a potentially good career was ruined because ancillary workers suffered the same fate as the miners, but because I and thousands more weren't directly employed, we didn't get the redundancy payments.
All she wanted was revenge at any cost.
The cost?
Use the money from gas and oil to pay for her ideals, rather than invest in the countries future.
You and your type of folk sicken me, you duck under any form of human responsibility and play at being a nice guy.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote