View Single Post
Old 18-04-2013, 08:54   #645
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Hi Jaysay....I was wondering is there anything more that you can remember about that first band of Hendys in Accy (Dingle Grumph). I've just heard from Fiona, Hendy's wife & she said his Sister has been in touch saying that something was posted on the Telegraph site mentioning them, but she didn't know much about them. Any info or recollections you have that I could pass on would be most appreciated. Cheers.

Best regards - Taggy
The only thing I can remember was going to see them every Friday night, one of my mates worked with Hendy, can't remember where, could have been Universal Leather Goods in Blackburn, maybe. I just remember that Dingle Grumph were one of the best local bands I'd ever seen, and Hendy was probably on a par with some of the greats off that age, his voice range was tremendous, they were heavy rock and very good at it too. Apart from that I don't really know much about them haven't a clue about who the other band members were or how many, 3 or maybe 4 but not sure. Just Googled it only 7 items appeared none relating to the group, Sorry can't be of more help Taggy
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote