View Single Post
Old 25-04-2013, 13:08   #130
Eric
God Member

Re: Abu Qatada to be deported

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
This is part of the popes acceptance speech. I don't see much of a differance to be honest.

"I do further promise and declare that I will, when opportunity presents, make and wage relentless war, secretly and openly, against all heretics, Protestants and Masons, as I am directed to do, to extirpate them from the face of the whole earth; and that I will spare neither age, sex nor condition, and that will hang, burn, waste, boil, flay, strangle, and bury alive these infamous heretics; rip up the stomachs and wombs of their women, and crush their infants’ heads against the walls in order to annihilate their execrable race."
True. There ain't much difference in the rhetoric; but the actions stemming from the rhetoric ... well, that's a whole different ball game. Ok, I agree that there is no shortage of xian nutbars (fortunately, most of them live in the good ol' U. S. of A, where they quite happily hang out in trailer parks, listen to country music, and bang their relatives). Also, there are Jewish extremists ... the bobble heads at the wailing wall come to mind. But apart from offing the odd doctor who provides women with a safe, legal medical procedure and blowing up the occasional Federal building, Christians tend not to cause all that much shlt world-wide. They aren't too much into blowing up trains, buses, and skyscrapers in other people's countries. And you don't see too many Jews hi-jacking planes or putting on explosive underwear before they go to the supermarket. If the muslims didn't believe that the middle east would be a better place if only they were allowed to destroy the State of Israel (and every man, woman, and child in it), there wouldn't be as many problems in that region.

But one can look at the lighter side of the whole deal:

Via terror plot suspect says Criminal Code 'not a holy book' - Canada - CBC News

And this moron is going to conduct his own defence

And then there is this bimbo, who believes it's ok to confront those she accuses of sexual assault, while wearing a bag over her head

Toronto court rules woman must remove niqab to testify - Toronto - CBC News

Admittedly, the guys are possibly guilty. But c'mon, this is a court of law, not a halloween party.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote