Thread: New Manager
View Single Post
Old 30-04-2013, 23:49   #77
carpon
Full Member+

Re: New Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post

Lets hope its Coley and we dont need to speculate on other candidates.
IF Coley & Bell want to return, then to those fans opposed to their re-appointments, I'd challenge anyone to name two better candidates. Who would work with our budget. And could succeed in driving the club forward???

At the time when Leam was struggling to get results, I was opposed to your calls for the recall of Coley & Bell. I felt Leam deserved a chance to prove his worth and he didn't disappoint !!

Obviously Chesterfield ( & more so Cook ) have recognised Leams talent and his achievement in keeping Stanley in the League & working within diffucult conditions & prised him away.

I said it before, I can't blame Leam for going for a better paid job with less responsibility. I do however, think Cook is clever by getting Leam as his assistant, as I feel it will be Richardson's input into Chesterfield that will gain more kudos for Cook than it will Leam. They say Peter Taylor was the leading light in the successful partnership between Cloughie & Taylor at Derby & Forest. I can only see it being similiar for Leam whilst he plays second fiddle to Cook.

Hence why I, like others, find it baffling why he wants to be in Cook's shadow rather than in the limelight here.

Anyway, we now face a different situation and as a result we now find ourselves managerless at a crucial stage where our players are all soon to be out of contract. Quite a few of the lads, Deano, Rommy, Bavs, Podge etc, all know Coley & Bell. And know how they operate. And that could be crucial when it comes to persuading these lads where to sign. We also don't have to pay compo for sacking anybody and have a vacant position ( or positions to fill )

And the longer we dither and stall on making a decision about our next manager, the more difficult the job becomes for the new bloke.

And to those who doubt the wisdom of re-appointing Coley & Bell. When they left for 'Dale, we were looking like mounting another assault on the upper echelons of League Two and another tilt at the play-offs.

Cook came in and, if there is one thing to be gratefull to Cook for, he did sign some decent players. Leam stabilised the ship, signed a few more decent players and saw us safe.

We've therefore received four lots of compensation and could get the main men back for nothing (i.e paying compo to someone else ) to oversee a squad containing some cracking players (if they manage to keep the majority, or by some miracle, keep all of the key men on board)

Round pegs, square holes. I can only see re-appointing Coley & Bell as a perfect solution to our problem.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote