Thread: New Manager
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 00:00   #78
maccawozzagod
God Member

Re: New Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I'm adamant with the rest of you that the club has moved on behind the scenes since they left - but is that not because they had to, and that it would have happened anyway?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thats rubbish macca saying club moved on but would have happened anyway, We would have gone to the wall simple as, if Mr Khan had not stepped in. Yer memorys getting worse than mine n i'm n owd fart.
where have I mentioned the club going to the wall and needing IK to step in?

Coleman and Stanley were as tinpot as they come and we played up to it. Some of it might have been Coleys doing, much of it might have been EW. Once Coleman left and Cook came in a lot was done at professionalising the backroom set-up. I suggest you give yer reading glasses a wobble and try to interpret a post before quoting it!

The inference from many (and Rochdale fans included) is that we would be going back to an unprofessional set-up should they return. Personally I dispute that because a lot has changed since they left and a goodly portion of it is nothing to do with whether they were here or not.

Back to the thread ...

qualities required for the job
an understanding of footballing life without the luxuries
an understanding of what it is like to work with one hand tied behind your back and the other in a tigers mouth - whilst needing a wee and you've got your best suit on
an understanding that quality may be low on the ground so you have to work with what you've got and get the best from it
somebody who understands the club mentality

I'm pretty sure JC ticks every box, is available now and will know the current squad very well due to his alleged recent work with us and obviously still close relationship with the club and recent manager.

For publicity sake I'd like us to release details of the applicants just to try and stir some interest in the club around town.

Phil Neville? still haven't forgiven him for Euro 2000 ....
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote