Thread: New Manager
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 00:44   #79
carpon
Full Member+

Re: New Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
an understanding that quality may be low on the ground so you have to work with what you've got and get the best from it....
Should Coley ( & Bell) be appointed and manage to sign the majority of this squad to new deals, I disagree. We'd have the foundations of a bloody good side at this level.

Quote:
somebody who understands the club mentality....
Nailed on......

Quote:
I'm pretty sure JC ticks every box, is available now and will know the current squad very well due to his alleged recent work with us and obviously still close relationship with the club and recent manager.
Nailed on.....

Quote:
For publicity sake I'd like us to release details of the applicants just to try and stir some interest in the club around town.....
Will never happen. I can't really see "high profile" names applying for the job. With the exception of Coley & Bell (proven candidates for the role) we'd probably have a lot of out of work has beens, Un-tried or tested wannabes....Confidentiality....blah,blah,blah.... Whilst realising the sentiment behind this statement, in reality it won't happen

Re-appointing Coley would throw us briefly back into the spotlight. The prodigal son returns & all that. If he then re-ignites the fire that burned during his last stint in charge......

As for the town . The interest has waned since we got back to the league. The club have slashed prices in a bid to get numbers up......we now need an appointment to fire the imagination of the public of Accrington. And drag the floating supporter back to the Crown.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote