View Single Post
Old 23-05-2013, 10:07   #22
Christies Child

Re: Released lists start ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
So I wonder how can Morecambe can supposedly afford Hughes then ??? If you believe what you hear on Radio Lancs they're supposedly cutting back on their playing budget!!

Surely if Hughes is out of work and without a wage he's going to lower his demands ???

Way out of our league financially and that's not just his wages...I mean they'd have to put shock absorbers in amongst that new pitch that's just gone down....just to cope with Akinfenwa thundering up and down all over it once a fortnight !!
I doubt if your rumour about us signing Hughes is correct. Quite simply our manager is having his playing budget cut back and we are looking towards bringing in players who want to progress from the non league circuit. Rumour has it we've already signed up a defender from a Conf club who has rejected their offer of a further contract. Otherwise we've extended the contracts of 4 members of our development squad who got a taste of League soccer last season. The vast majority of our fans prefer to sign younger players with a hunger to prove themselves rather than journeymen who bleed a club dry with excessive wages demands and don't live up to their own hype!
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote