View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 01:34   #9
carpon
Full Member+

Re: ian craney signs

I agree with other posters...Craney had shedloads of potential, but sadly, lacked the ambition and application to back it up.

Bigger sides gave him chances, which he spurned. Could have played Championship level easily.......... had he applied himself.

And it spoke volumes to me when the Dynamic duo let him leave Rochdale. I may be wrong ( & will stand corrected ) but wasn't "lack of fitness" one of the reasons Coley & Bell released him??

Lower league football is full of examples like Craney, who had potential, but never realized that potential to the full. The likes of Putterill, McConville, McEvilly spring to mind. So there's Four prime examples of lads who have graced the Red shirt, who had more than a modicum of ability, but are likely to end their careers muddling around in the extreme lower echelons of the league pyramid.

Incidentally, I too was on Christie when Craney lashed it in from distance, probably one of the best goals I've seen scored by a Stanley player !!

Shame his career never realized his potential really.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote