View Single Post
Old 22-06-2013, 12:56   #1
DaveinGermany
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Game of thrones (HBOS)

I saw some trailers for the series the other day so I thought I'd look it up online to have a watch, Series 1 episode 1, then 2,3,4,5 through to 10 in quick succession (a couple of episodes a night). Shocking, absolutely shocking, gratuitous & lascivious, debauchery, incest, homosexuality & posseltutes, nudity for the sake of it & the language, even as an ex-Squaddie it made my ears turn pink! Not your average Saturday afternoon family viewing with Gran or the Parents by any stretch of the imagination.

It's proper train crash viewing & morbid curiosity will keep pulling you back in to watch it, the rise & fall of great families, their desire & ambition for riches, putting it about with all & sundry, domination, death & destruction most horrible & violent, the right to rule. I sat & watched 5 episodes of series 2 yesterday evening. If you don't mind the disgustingnessness mentioned above & you enjoy your swords & sorcery (& can cope with bits flaccidly flopping about blokeys & wimmins) well worth a watch, but don't come back here all offended if it upsets your sensibilities, you were warned!

Rating 18+ + +