Thread: Rob heys
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 17:59   #33
Jeg Red

Re: Rob heys

Where to start with this one?

Rather than idly speculate about what has or hasn't happened, due process will be followed and the truth will out, so think we should let that happen. As I understand it, Rob has the right to respond to the charges by 9th August, so we'll see. However......

The real issue here for me is leadership. Leadership involves good judgement, so given our recent history with this type of thing, it's bordering on unforgivable for the CEO to put himself in a position where he's charged with these allegations, and ignorance of the fine detail of FA rules in this area is no defence as understanding FA rules is a fundamental part of his job.

Leadership also involves taking control, getting on the front foot and setting the tone. The story is on the FA website, on the BBC, on Sky the LET etc, with nothing at all on the club's website in terms of a statement. Checked the Stoke website as Cameron Jerome also charged today and there's a statement on there. If you don't say anything in situations like this, you create a gap and people will make up what they think should be in the gap. Not issuing a prompt statement lets others people take control and set the tone. Not good leadership.

I truly believe in innocent until proven guilty, but the accusation in this case for me is the last straw for Rob as CEO. The incidents over the years have been too frequent. He's a lovely bloke, however in my opinion out of his depth as CEO. He's a follower not a leader.

I'm not suggesting being CEO of Accrington Stanley is easy and I don't doubt that Rob genuinely has the good of the club at heart, but sometimes it's not enough and maybe, just maybe Rob and tinpot are too closely linked for another forward step.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote