View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 19:15   #18
Barrie Yates
Senior Member+

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles

The season already under way, a mixed start for Stanley, but at least a fantastic win, let's hope they can now kick on for the rest of the season. Rovers - as expected I suppose, but never mind, there is a full season before Division 1. Burnley doing better than the Deadwoods.
I heard that the scouse rubbish collectors were on strike - reckoned there was so much rubbish on the field at Anfield they might as well follow the trend in the city streets. Of course the papers and TV are full of the Vampire transfer saga - where will it end, but there is a rumour that many clubs are substituting oak for plastic for the corner flag poles.
Should get some idea of La Creme's chances tomorrow, they have been crap so far but he has played just about everyone - I even thought the tea lady had played in one game. Will Jay's Fatboy go or stay. Can't see him going to Chelsea before the end of the window so the season will be 8 or so matches old before he gets match fit enough to play, and there is no sign of anyone else - PSG, Monaco et al coming in for him.

Only time will tell