View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 07:55   #103
Boeing Guy
JFT96

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Perhaps you could remind me of the honours won by BR and his crew as my grey cells appear to have given up the search for the information
I wondered when this was going to be mentioned. Brendan Rodgers has been in management since November 2008, while David Moyes January 1998. Brendan had to make wholesale changes to the team and the results are starting to show, did I tell you we ate TOP of the LEAGUE

David Moyes inherited a Premier League winning team, so does he leave the wining formula in place? No he has a clear out and brings people he is happy with. He tries to buy players he knows, nothing wrong there. This is very much like the change we went though when Souness took over.

It will take several more games to see his style (just look at his history at Everton) take over from Fergies, but I cannot see United winning the premiership this season, you will be top four, you have the players there, but will it be enough?

I would expect any supporter to back his manager, we would, but the glory years are over.
The Manchester United of old would have beat Liverpool, a team who had a injured player, Sturridge, and their star Biter, sorry Striker, not playing. The hunger they had with Alex was not there, it remains to be seen if it continues, the next few months will tell.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote