View Single Post
Old 25-09-2013, 14:36   #113
Barrie Yates
Senior Member+

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles

What a crap month September has been. My team going into meltdown, notorious slow starters maybe but this has been ridiculous. Outplayed, out thought, ponderous, mindless and totally lacking in passion and work rate. Ah well, things can get worse, but hope springs eternal.
Mind you, other than the NN, nobody else has been setting the league on fire, what a team they have assembled, but I do think it is going to require some inspired juggling of players to keep them all happy in World Cup season. National Managers are often wary of including bench warmers.
It just hasn’t been the football either – 2 weeks in that marvellous edifice overlooking Blackburn that passes for a hospital – it just does not compare with Bury where I have been twice this year. It was 2 weeks of what I assume purgatory to be. Perhaps it was Jay’s revenge for VFC continuing to be crap. So that has kept me quiet for a while, just starting to feel myself again.
Probably won’t feel any brighter after tonight – but saw some interesting statistics yesterday – the scousers have a better record without the Vampire than they do with him??????????