View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 22:05   #17
westendlass
Full Member+

Re: Pay as you go NHS television rip off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
I recently spent eight weeks in Lancaster hosp and they installed patient wifi the day before I came home. I agree the pay tv is a rip off but a lot of older people like it as they don't have computers and at home they have a nice TV in the corner which is on all day. It must be annoying if you pay for a certain amount of time and are then moved or discharged.

I must say the nurses were fantastic and always seemed to have time to help patients sort out the TV. Is that one of the first things they teach you in your training, Flashy? (hope it's going well BTW).

Russell when I was in hosp recently I had a private room at first but I asked to be moved as I felt like a prisoner and started climbing the walls. I ended up on a five-bed ward where at least there were folk to talk to.

I send my best wishes to your son for his treatment and wish him well.
Up to this April I had radiotherapy at the Rosemere followed by eleven sessions of chemo at Lancaster where the oncology dept is very small and friendly and they have comfy reclining chairs instead of beds. Fortunately I was a day patient but I thought the ward I saw at Preston looked pretty grim, or maybe things are different now that they've opened the new bit of the Rosemere.
The ward is pretty awful Susie but, as you say, the Rosemere suite is a lot more modern. He goes there as a day patient between cycles.