View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 11:44   #34
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by K99WARD View Post
Hi, Winnie,

Nice to meet you. Amazing what a few lines of scripture will do! A friend of mine use to say that soldiers didn't give their lives, they had it taken from them. Thinking about the Accrington Pals who were almost wiped out in one day in the Great War, I can't help feeling that there was truth in his statement. I was never called upon to do service for the Queen and Country but I can't help feeling that the soldiers were asked to do far more than their duty. That is my view not the word of God.
I forgive you if calling me 'Winnie' is some form of humour.

I do not forgive you for using the site as a soap box to spout your half cocked religious beliefs.

Strange how when people want to frighten others into religion they tend to display 'God' as unforgiving and wrathful, a touch too much Old Testament for me.

I prefer:-
1/ God gave us free will.
2/ Jesus died for our sins.

Therefore we haven't got to go seeking a get out of Hell card, in some desperate attempt to avoid hot pokers up our bottoms for eternity.
We all will have a free, complimentary ticket to the heavenly amusement park and will be attended by friendly hosts.
Oh, and there won't be a sign on the gates saying, 'you have to be this good to enter'.

Margaret welcomed you to the site, perhaps you should heed her advice? God moves in mysterious ways, perhaps it's time for you to listen to folk and not preach?