View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 13:48   #56
K99WARD

Re: Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Just out of curiosity (you know, that thing that killed the Moggie) I had a quick skeg of our new contributors profile. Well 76 eh? So you've had a few good years out of this world & now that things are getting a bit close to the bone, you're hedging your bets I see.

That's fine mate, you crack on & draw whatever comfort you can from "your belief", but as to the rest of us unrepentant sinners, we're quite happily cruising along in our own little ways & worlds. Religion mate, is a crutch/crux/ crock, depending on your viewpoint & position, that said it's also a personal thing, like boils, hygiene, & dangly bits, basically best kept private & to yourself. Nobody wants it rammed down their throat, or rubbed under their noses (unless of course you're of a certain sexual bent or political class).

So in effect what I'm saying is, you're probably better off keeping shtum on the subject & most definitely don't go try forcing your views on the average unconvinced/unconcerned citizenry, believe me it'll make your future (participation?) on these boards much more enjoyable.
Hi Dave in Germany,

How do you make out with the square heads? They keep telling me I have many more years yet but it's all these pills that are doing it. Did you hear about the guy who heckled a preacher not to ram his preaching down his throat? With a bit of quick repartee the preacher told him to keep his mouth shut.