View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 16:16   #64
K99WARD

Re: Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by egg&chips View Post
Thank God for the human mind and the society that allows us all to debate and share our beliefs. I too count myself as a Christian and fully support K99 in his attempt to raise a greater awareness of Jesus in the world. He feels himself to be "COMMANDED" to share his beliefs and must do so in order to fulfill his duty. My form of evangelism is more subtle and probably insipid as a result. I share my faith in person when asked about why I do some of the things I do. My belief in Bible truth is also less rigid/strong than K99's as I acknowledge that the written word is ALWAYS susceptible to the whims and prejudices of authors, publishers and promoters in any context.
I think that those who label K99 as arrogant may be inaccurate as he is doing what he genuinely believes his boss his telling him to do. I witness like minded souls on a weekly basis in the city shouting at people to accept the love of The Lord. I personally find such an approach to gaining believers puzzling and a little upsetting, but again have to bear in mind that these people truly believe that what they are doing is what God wants them to do and that they are doing it for the good of the people they are reaching out to.
I believe that we are all unique individuals and that whatever road to salvation we choose to follow (or not!!) is largely down to our own genetic make up coupled with the ongoing conditioning of the environment we inhabit. Therefore everybody's input into this particular conversation is all that it should be in it's sentiment but perhaps less than all it should be in its understanding and tolerance of opposing opinion.
I find it fascinating that religion evokes such strong emotions in so many people, even those who claim to have no spiritual leanings whatsoever. I personally detest religion for religion's sake, and view it as a business venture to rival prostitution in its longevity and ( in some cases ) it's appalling nature. My dad used to point out that more wars were started over religion than anything else (although he could'nt produce the stats to prove it, bless him) which kind of backs up my abhorrence of so many organised religions.
This exchange of opinion is therefore healthy I think, but please don't expect K99 to change his mind or be shamefaced by any counter arguments. The more people object to his mode of thought, the greater will be his resolve to share it.
From now on egg and chips is my favourite meal.