View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 18:01   #69
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Christian Science

I said that my input to this thread was finished...but sometimes you have to break your own rules...and for this I apologise in advance.
I just wanted to say that I like the post that Egg and Chips has submitted.

To be a christian you do not have to nail your colours to the mast......you do not have to subscribe to organised religious worship.

God(if there is one) will hear your prayer whether you are in the humblest hovel or the most glorious Cathedral.....to God(if there is one) the surroundings where you pray are of no consequence.
To me, my spirituality is private.
When I was a child my mother would take me to mass...we would see the congregation spill out of church and into the nearest hostelry. I omce commented on this and for my sins got taken to an early mass...which was nearly all old folk and mothers with children.(and the early mass was in Latin - hard to follow)

My take on evangelism is, that subtle is best...you need not let the lion know you are after his hide, because he may just turn round and savage you.

And you are so right about religion for the sake of religion......it is a business and it rakes in more money than we could ever believe...money that would feed the starving poor until their bellies were full.

I don't find K99 arrogant......just misguided in his approach to making converts....in preaching to those who do not want to hear this message...who have told him this.
This is not the time or the place...and it is certainly the wrong way of going about things.
Now I truly am finished.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 10-11-2013 at 18:04.