View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 17:09   #70
K99WARD

Re: Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I forgive you if calling me 'Winnie' is some form of humour.

I do not forgive you for using the site as a soap box to spout your half cocked religious beliefs.

Strange how when people want to frighten others into religion they tend to display 'God' as unforgiving and wrathful, a touch too much Old Testament for me.

I prefer:-
1/ God gave us free will.
2/ Jesus died for our sins.

Therefore we haven't got to go seeking a get out of Hell card, in some desperate attempt to avoid hot pokers up our bottoms for eternity.
We all will have a free, complimentary ticket to the heavenly amusement park and will be attended by friendly hosts.
Oh, and there won't be a sign on the gates saying, 'you have to be this good to enter'.

Margaret welcomed you to the site, perhaps you should heed her advice? God moves in mysterious ways, perhaps it's time for you to listen to folk and not preach?
Calling you Winnie was a genuine error on my part which I later corrected. It does take a little time to get used to a new forum as they are all slightly different. I used to be top poster by a long way at HOMEWITHGOD forum but it eventually closed down. I had no idea that there was such an interesting one so near to home.

You are perfectly correct in your preferences. What many people forget is that having been given free will we will be judged on it. It is not intended to be the kind of free will where one does as one pleases but free to do as God requires. Jesus did indeed die for our sins. One hopes that he did not die in vain. It is a vain hope that we can be saved by 'being good' because no one is good enough, no one!