View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 07:31   #152
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by K99WARD View Post
Margaret wants to know a bit about me so here goes. I am just a plain ordinary bible believing Christian like Billy Graham. I try to read well so that you lot can't seriously trip me up. You may be a bit upset because my creed is not yours. I don't support Accrington Stanley, not because I have anything against them but I am not interested in football. Well I guess that's all you need to know. I was very happily married for twenty seven years until the death of my wife. I loved her so much that I haven't looked at another woman since except perhaps to say hello or good morning.
Like you, I have no interest in sport.....of any description.
Neither do I have any interest in reading stuff from an old book......in which the accounts may or may not be true...... And in any case, the text has been translated so many times it is possible for those translators to (innocently) translated what they thought was meant. We are all aware that some things do not translate well from one language to another.
If you see it as the word of God.....then that is ok by me as long as you don't expect me to believe it.

When God actually speaks to you......then do us all a favour, record the conversation and let us hear it.
You then, just might have something that will grab our attention.

On another matter entirely, but sort of linked. I can avoid all the posts about Accrington Stanley, and other sports....They have separate sections of the forum dedicated to the like minded souls who like that kind of stuff.
In general chat, you can't avoid stuff in the same way.....humans are curious and will look at much of what is posted in this section.Why don't you see if you can have a section dedicated to what seems to please you the most?

I have to say, I don't think there would be anybody in there besides you.
Or better still why don't you see if there is a site that better suits your purpose......something like EvangelistsRus!