View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 12:09   #160
K99WARD

Re: Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Like you, I have no interest in sport.....of any description.
Neither do I have any interest in reading stuff from an old book......in which the accounts may or may not be true...... And in any case, the text has been translated so many times it is possible for those translators to (innocently) translated what they thought was meant. We are all aware that some things do not translate well from one language to another.
If you see it as the word of God.....then that is ok by me as long as you don't expect me to believe it.

When God actually speaks to you......then do us all a favour, record the conversation and let us hear it.
You then, just might have something that will grab our attention.

On another matter entirely, but sort of linked. I can avoid all the posts about Accrington Stanley, and other sports....They have separate sections of the forum dedicated to the like minded souls who like that kind of stuff.
In general chat, you can't avoid stuff in the same way.....humans are curious and will look at much of what is posted in this section.Why don't you see if you can have a section dedicated to what seems to please you the most?

I have to say, I don't think there would be anybody in there besides you.
Or better still why don't you see if there is a site that better suits your purpose......something like EvangelistsRus!
An interesting post Margaret but does an airline pilot check the date on his flight manual before he takes the joystick? I think not. Some documents are important regardless of age, especially ones concerning YOUR eternal welfare. Better watch out. You might die in bed tonight.