View Single Post
Old 20-11-2013, 18:01   #33
Eric
God Member

Re: is Christianity a force for good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
AAARRRGGHHH!!! Do I really look like that when I'm fuming...not a pretty sight!
Here's one for you ... At the intersection of Perth Road and Unity Road, about 15 minutes from here, there is a gas station which advertises "Frozen Ice" ... it's a minor fantasy of mine to show up there one day with a bucked and ask for some fresh ice, straight from the tap ... and I'll tell the sales clerk that, if there is any left over, I'll freeze it myself

Whatever ... Christianity must still be viewed by some as being a force for, or of, good. Many prominent folks, esp. in the States, use it when they are caught (usually leterally) with their pants down. Often it goes something like this: "I know I have sinned. And I humbly apologize to all those who voted for me; but now, everything is fine because I have found Jesus. Oh, and I'll also be starting rehab next week." I also believe that "finding Jesus" is seen as a good way of getting parole. (There again, America is probably one of the few places in the world where a President can convince many folks that a bj isn't sex I don't think Hilary bought it tho'.) So whether or not xianity is a force for good, that is how many people still see it.

By the by, my local corner store displays a sign informing customers that they must be 19 in order to buy smokes.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote