View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 17:46   #2
Eric
God Member

Re: Learn from my mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarah View Post
Just thought I would share this info. For the first time ever, I decided to treat myself to a pair of snow boots out of a magazine in a Sunday paper. You could pay before or after, so I chose "after", thought I would rather see what I was paying for. They came on Monday, very nice, but all furry inside and I found I couldn't get my foot in, so decided to return (and perhaps think about trying a larger size). Naa then, they don't tell you how expensive it becomes to RETURN them, do they? I packed them up, put their return label on the parcel, toddled off to the Post Office tonight and was told it would cost £8.50 to return them! Shock, horror! So I have just rung them and politely said its a con. The lady apologised and said I could return them by carrier which would probably be cheaper. She gave me the name www.myhermes.com - I have just gone on line, they will collect from your home or ... it said if you wanted to take to the company yourself its a bit cheaper, providing of course there is one near where you live.
Guess what, they have premises in Milnshaw lane in Accrington. Now I have learnt something there, so thought I would pass it on.
Why would you need winter boots in England If you are desperate, kill a deer, make yourself some mukluks.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote