Thread: Nelson Mandela
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 08:41   #38
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Nelson Mandela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
R.I.P. Nelson if anyone deserves that their future after death would be in some heavenly paradise I suspect it could be you .
It's a shame when people read but don't understand.

Though it does happen Quite a great deal here on AccyWeb, take for example my above sentence.

I put it on not to canonize nor to condemn a man that has been prominent during my life time.

Within 30 minutes I was told basically, to slow down with my praise and given a list of the bad things in the guys life and the same poster keeps reproducing that post in various forms if anyone even slightly offers the man praise.

Well, allow me to repeat myself then explain slowly why I said what I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
R.I.P. Nelson if anyone deserves that their future after death would be in some heavenly paradise I suspect it could be you .
If you notice I didn't go on about the good things he has done, nor did I list the bad things he did in his early life.

Why? not because I was ignorant of his early life, nor did I think he was perfect once he got into power.

It was said because he had been a guy that did do bad things but later on tried, to do good things.

I'm an Atheist, but from what I understand some guy said something about a sinner repenting and being welcomed back.

I didn't say it was him, I said it could be him.

He was a man, he wasn't perfect, I didn't try to make him out as bad nor good, just a message of goodbye, I didn't say he would get in, I just hinted that when placed on the scales his good might outweigh his bad and allow him some peace.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote