View Single Post
Old 16-12-2013, 09:33   #241
Boeing Guy
JFT96

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
how are the scousers going to do when Chipmunk is out injured or he has had a another nibble at somebodies arm or shoulder.
The same as we did when we played you at Anfield with out him at the start of the season

Remember these words??????
League Positions and points are included

Barrie,
27/08/13 Man U, 6th 4 points. L'Pool, 3rd 6 points
Quote:
The big one next weekend DinG -sure it will be interesting.
1/09/13 Man U, 7th 4 points. L'Pool, 1st 9 points
Quote:
Sturridge took the one chance he got, in fact the only worthwhile chance in the whole match. Moyes certainly got it wrong at the start and took too long to try and recover. In my eyes Young is a no-no and Giggs should never be in a starting line up, and Nani is long past his sell by date.
2/09/13
Quote:
Not an unusual start for us, although it is new ground for the scousers - how long before they are back to their usual level - struggling to get a Europa League place
25/09/13 Man U, 8th 7 points. L'Pool, 5th 10 points
Quote:
What a crap month September has been. My team going into meltdown, notorious slow starters maybe but this has been ridiculous. Outplayed, out thought, ponderous, mindless and totally lacking in passion and work rate. Ah well, things can get worse, but hope springs eternal
7/10/13 Man U, 9th 10 points. L'Pool, 2nd 16 points
Quote:
A better week for La Crème – a draw against SD where no English team has succeeded before and a scrappy match yesterday but a win is a win and 3 points, so maybe that is the turning point for us After all, we are only 6 points behind the scousers which is nothing
4/11/13 Man U, 8th 17 points. L'Pool, 3rd 20 points
Quote:
I have been waiting patiently for the scousers to stick there heads above the parapet - perhaps they are stuck up their nether regions. Where were the SaS men, seemed that they were as invisible as the defence - only 3 points ahead of La Crème now BG, how long before we overtake you?

La Crème turned on the style in the first half, but 3 substitutions by half time changed the play completely, but 3 - 1 will do me any time.
Beginning to look as though it will be between La Crème and the NN
5/11/13
Quote:
Do you really think that 3 points ahead now are enough to keep you ahead of La Crème at the end of the season - I bet you still believe in the Tooth Fairy as well as Father Christmas
6/11/13
Quote:
Still, top of the group, and just as importantly only 3 points behind the scousers in the Premiership and plenty of time to overtake them as usual.
08/11/13
Quote:
And where will Dodgy lead the scousers to - mid-table mediocrity yet again? They certainly know what it is like to not even get into the top four
10/11/13 Man U, 5th 20 points. L'Pool, 2nd 23 points
Quote:
Oh dear, so losing to Arsenal while La Crème beat Fulham was a significant moral victory for the scousers. I wonder how you now rate your lot beating Fulham whilst La Crème beat Arsenal - yes the team that ran rings around you and stuffed you were the losers at the Theatre of Dreams - only 3 points behind you - watch out, we are coming to get you
10/11/13
Quote:
Nothing next weekend so you are alright BG, you will still be 3 points ahead in 2 weeks time - at KO that is
11/11/13
Quote:
Looking into your crystal ball again - I still reckon it will be one of the top four the way that results are going - NN, Gooners, Chelski and of course La Crème will be there or thereabouts
26/11/13 Man U, 6th 21 points. L'Pool, 2nd 24 points
Quote:
But a crap day for La Crème - we didn't win, but there again we didn't lose and still only 3 points behind the scousers,
27/11/13
Quote:
Keep the faith chaps, you might yet make the Europa League next season, not much else you are capable of aiming for
28/11/13
Quote:
I am quite happy to be where we are at this time, still in contention for everything, only 3 points behind the scousers and your Beano man - we were 8 points behind at one stage
We probably won't win the league, NN are my guess for that but damned sure we will be ahead of your lot once again
29/11/13
Quote:
How much longer will the Beano man get before Enery decides you aren't going anywhere with him except mid-table mediocrity
07/12/13 Man U, 9th 22 points. L'Pool, 2nd 30 points
Quote:
I must be feeling like a scouser normally does. I think that United need to go down the scouse road and get rid of this manager - after all, the scousers have gone through 9 managers in the last 30 thirty years, maybe that has eventually worked for them.
Mind you, not the only unexpected result today, or even in the past few weeks.
I haven't seen the game, don't even know who was playing, but Moyes certainly does not grasp the need to sort things out. Time for United to ring the changes now before it gets any worse?

My guess, despite the "clubspeak" in public, is that the players have little, if any, confidence in Moyes.
Finally:
16/12/13 Man U, 8th 25 points. L'Pool, 2nd 33 points
Almost half way through the season...hummmm.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web